NSW Workers Insurance Renewals Causing Confusion

There continues to be some confusion in NSW with regard to workers insurance renewals being issued by icare.

Since 1 September 2015, the functions of WorkCover have been assumed by three new organisations:

SafeWork NSW
New South Wales’ workplace health and safety regulator offers advice on improving work health and safety, provides licences and registration for potentially dangerous work, investigates workplace incidents and enforces work health and safety laws in NSW.

The State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) regulates motor accidents, CTP, and workers compensation insurance, as well as the home building compensation fund in NSW.

icare (Insurance & Care NSW) delivers insurance and care services to the people of New South Wales, under the NSW Workers Compensation Scheme. Whether a person is severely injured in the workplace or on our roads, icare supports their long-term care needs to improve quality of life outcomes, including helping people return to work.

It is icare that has been issuing workers insurance renewals but many people are unfamiliar with the name and the logo and may be unsure the documentation is genuine.

For more information about icare, go to https://workersinsurance.icare.nsw.gov.au/about/who-we-are#gref.


Don’t hesitate to contact us at WCRS if you need any clarification about your workers insurance renewal.